Hi, my name is Casey I'm a ESSM/EFS Certified Psycho-Sexologist and a HPCSA Registered Counsellor (Registration Number PRC0020125) .
I have a special interest in sexuality, gender, relationship and erotic diversity, as well as parenting. I provide counselling for adults on an individual basis, as well as sexuality education workshops for parents and professionals working with young people.
- After completing my Honours Degree from WITS, I completed a BPsych equivalent course through UNISA, which included an internship at Ekupholeni Mental Health and Trauma Center in 2012.
- This enabled me to register as a Registered Counsellor with the Health Professionals Council of South Africa (HPCSA) in 2013.
- After completing my internship at Ekupholeni Mental Health and Trauma Centre, I worked there part time during 2013 as a Trauma Counsellor. While working at Ekupholeni, I provided counselling for individuals and couples, co-facilitated group counselling as well as creating and implementing a basic literacy programme to assist our clients with a basic literacy level. This literacy programme continued to be run by my colleagues for many years.
- I have a Masters Degree in Psychology (Research) from the University of the Witwatersrand. My coursework included the psychology of gender, and the critical psychology of race, racialism and racialisation. My research looked at experience of school-based sexuality and relationship education.
- I have studied human sexuality since 2010. In 2022 I was able to attend the European Society for Sexual Medicine’s School for Sexual Medicine, followed by passing their Psycho-Sexologist Certification Exam in 2023.
- I am also a member of SASHA, membership number: SASHA 103
I am part of a monthly professional development space where we discuss and debate:
- Sexology and Sexual Health
- Sexuality and Gender Identity
- Non-Monogamies and other Non-Normative identities
My rate is R1000 per 51 minute session when paying via EFT. PayFast and card payments carry an additional convenience fee.
Ideally sessions are weekly (one session per week)
Clients are responsible for payment after each session.
You may submit your paid invoice to Medical Aid for reimbursement, if there are benefits available on your plan. As a Registered Counsellor, medical aids often reimburse clients from their Day-to-Day medical savings.
I require a 24-hour notice period for cancellations. Medical Aids do not reimburse for missed appointments or late cancellations.